Hamish Todd's personal webpage
- I'm making CootVR, a VR program for interpreting electron microscope data
- I made Virus, the Beauty of the Beast, an interactive documentary about viruses
- I made Music of the Spheres, a puzzle game about bouncing bullets and sound
- Here are some articles of mine about classic video games and how they communicate clearly and beautifully:
Shadow of the Colossus,
Super Meat Boy,
Super Mario Bros 3
You can email me at email@example.com,
sponsor my work on patreon,
and read a bare-bones bio here.
Science videos / explorable explanations
- Mathematics and crafts, with more on viruses and origami
- The Spread of Measles, an interactive lecture about measles epidemeology
- Crystals and six-dimensional patterns, a lecture in virtual reality
- The GM crop that could save a billion people from malnourishment
- Topology via Asteroids, my (the?) first interactive documentary
- Ear infections and mathematics, a presentation on DNA and knot theory
- Spatial reasoning and sexism, on a noteworty, if potentially dodgy, study
- The Klein Bottle in the visual cortex, an explorable explanation
- Inside Hepatitis B, a VR/AR lecture experiment
Further writing and lectures on game design and education
Things I recommend:
- We must be persuasive! Katherine Hayhoe, climate scientist, can tell us how.
- My favourite science popularisers:
Braid, the alpha and the omega.
Then if you're a person interested in games and education:
Parable of the Polygons,
World of Goo, and
Bond Breaker (in fact all of Andy Hall's games).
And for people who just like video games, here's my list of recommendations.
Contact (in order of preference!)
Website template by this gentleman